Tuesday, January 8, 2008

School's back in session!

We started back to school yesterday and had a good first day back. When my dad came over for dinner last night, he asked my seven year old how school went, and the reply was "It was fun!". I'm not sure what made it fun, but I am thrilled he perceived it that way!

We have started the Beyond Five in a Row study for the book Homer Price by Robert McCloskey. I don't recall ever reading this book as a student, but I'm enjoying it as a teacher. We are expecting to enjoy this book, based on the first chapter.

My fifth grader is reading "Island of the Blue Dolphins", by Scott O'Dell. I don't believe I ever read that book, either, but my eighteen year old daughter keeps insisting her siblings need to read that book in 5th grade, because she did in Public School! So, I caved. Actually, it wasn't because she said we needed to read it, it's because it's one of the books on Scholastic's site that they have BookFiles on. Here they are, in case you are curious about what a BookFile is: Scholastic.com Homework Hub: Scholastic BookFiles.

I'm looking for a good book to read right now, as I just finished Home to Holly Springs by Jan Karon and after that, I read "The Choice" by Nicholas Sparks. They are both great books, but now that I've finished them both, I'm not sure what to read next. We're off to the library today, so maybe I'll find something interesting.

I hope you are having a Blessed Day in your homeschool!

No comments:

Our Family

HS teddy