Thursday, January 3, 2008

Happy New Year!

Welcome to 2008! What a great start to a new year...we have had beautiful, cold weather, which in Florida, we don't get much of and I'm loving every minute of it! We spent the day today bundled up and walking around a shopping center, taking advantage of the after-Christmas sales. I had almost forgotten what it was like to bundle up, walk into a shop, take off my coat, look around, bundle back up and go back out into the cold, stop at another shop and do it all over again. As much as I enjoyed it, I'm glad it only happens a few days throughout the year down here!

We're getting ready to start a new semester of school on Monday. I'm looking forward to it, in a strange sort of way. I'm really planning to do a much better job this semester than I did last. We're going to read more, explore more, and enjoy our time together more.

We have also started daily bibles and plan to read through them this year. I'm reading the Daily Bible in Chronoligical Order shown here: The NIV Daily Bible: In Chronological Order, Softcover - By: F. LaGard Smith - Christianbook.com. My 10 year old is reading the One Year Bible for Kids shown here: Amazon.com: The One Year Bible for Kids NLT: Books and my 7 year old is reading the Day by Day Kids bible shown here: Amazon.com: Day by Day Kid's Bible: The Bible for Young Readers (Tyndale Kids): Books: Karyn Henley. By the end of the year, we will have all read through the bible, which has never happened before. How exciting!

I have also started a new, healthier way of cooking for this year. Each night for dinner, I've used a new recipe out of Cooking Light's SuperFast Suppers cookbooks, shown here:
Amazon.com: Cooking Light Superfast Suppers: Speedy Solutions for Dinner Dilemmas (Cooking Light): Books: Anne C. Cain,Anne C... all of the meals so far have been winners - my hubby, my kids and even my father have all enjoyed them. We even had friends over last night with their 7 year old boy and everyone enjoyed the meal. I highly recommend this cookbook for anyone who is looking for easy, lighter recipes.

Well, it's getting late, so I'm going to close this post.

As always,

Have a blessed day!

1 comment:

Sandy said...

Hi Lisa - Happy New Year! Sounds like you are on track to a fantastic year - with kids and all. And lighter cooking!
Sandy

Our Family

HS teddy